- All purpose flour – 2 cups
- Salt – a pinch
- Butter – 200 grams; softened
- Powdered sugar – 1 cup
- Egg – 1 number, large; separated
- Powdered cardamom– 1/2 heaping tsp.
- Cashew halves – as needed
- Cashews (chopped) – as needed
- Sift together the flour and salt.
- Beat together the butter & powdered sugar with an electric mixer for 7-10 minutes or till creamy and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg yolk and the cardamom powder.
- Fold in the sifted flour mixture to get a smooth, sticky dough.
- Transfer the mixture to a tray lined with 2 layers of butter paper and level the top with a spoon. It should be 1/4-1/2″ thick. Apply beaten egg white on top with a pastry brush. Place the cashew halves. Apply egg wash again. Sprinkle chopped cashews on top.
- Bake in a 180 C preheated oven for 25 minutes. Take out from the oven and mark shape with a sharp knife. Bake again at 180 C for 15 minutes or till crisp and golden brown in colour.
- Separate the biscuits from each other when they are still warm because they harden on cooling.