For the roti:-
- Wheat flour – 1 cup
- Ghee – 1 tsp.
- Salt – 1/2 tsp.
- Sugar – a pinch
- Oil for cooking the rotis
For the tomato salsa:-
- Oil – 1 tbsp.
- Garlic cloves – 4 big numbers
- Onion – 1/2 cup; finely chopped
- Greenchilly – 1 to 2 numbers; chopped
- Green capsicum – 1/2 cup; finely chopped
- Tomato – 1 cup; finely chopped
- White vinegar – 1/2 tsp.
- Sugar – 1/2 tsp.
- Cumin powder – 1/2 tsp.
- Cilantro – 1 tbsp.
- Oregano – 1/2 tsp.
- Water – 2 tbsps.
For the corn cheese balls:-
- Butter – 2 tbsps.
- Plain flour – 2.5 tbsps.
- Milk – 1/2 cup
- Salt to taste
- Sweet corn kernels – 3/4 cup; boiled and slightly crushed
- Greenchilly – 1 number; finely chopped
- Cilantro – 1 tbsp; chopped
- Cheddar cheese – 5 tbsps.; grated
- salt to taste
- egg – 1 number; beaten
- Bread crumbs – as needed for coating
- Oil for deep-frying
- Nachos chips – as needed; crushed coarsely
- Mayonnaise – 4 tbsps.
- Tomato ketchup – 8 tsps.
- First prepare the roti. Mix together the flour, salt, sugar and ghee. Knead well to make a soft and smooth dough adding enough lukewarm water. keep aside for 30 minutes. Divide the prepared dough into 4 equal portions. Roll out each portion into an 8″ circle. Cook the rotis on a tawa. Keep warm in a foil.
- Then prepare the tomato salsa. Heat oil in a pan and add the chopped garlic and cook for a minute. Stir in the chopped onion & greenchilly and cook for 3 minutes on medium heat. Stir in the chopped capsicum and cook for 2 minutes more. Add the chopped tomato, oregano and vinegar and cook further for 2-3 minutes. Finally add the cilantro, sugar and cumin seeds powder. Cool for 5 minutes and blend the mixture to a coarse paste using a mixer/blender adding 2 tbsps. of water.
- Next prepare the corn cheese balls. Heat butter in a pan & add the flour. Cook for 2 minutes on low heat. Add milk and salt & cook for a minute or till the mixture leaves the sides of the pan & comes together in the form of a dough. Let this dough cool down to room temperature. Add the crushed corn kernels, cheese, cilantro, greenchilly and mix. Make 12 equal sized balls from the mixture. Dip each ball in beaten egg, coat with bread crumbs and deep-fry in hot oil till golden brown in colour on medium-high heat. Drain on paper towels.
- To prepare the wrap, place a roti on a clean, dry surface and spread 2 tbsps. of salsa in the center and spread it lightly. Place 3 corn cheese balls over the salsa and press the balls lightly. Drizzle 1 tbsp. of mayonnaise and 2 tsps. of tomato ketchup over the corn balls. Sprinkle 2 tbsps. of crushed nacho chips and roll the roti tightly. Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 3 more wraps.
- Serve immediately.
Source:- Tarla Dalal