- Paneer – 200 grams; cubed and shallow fried
- Oil – 3 tbsps.
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp.
- Garlic – 4 big cloves; minced
- Onion – 2 numbers medium; thinly sliced
- Turmeric powder – 1/3 tsp.
- Cumin powder – 1/3 tsp.
- Kashmiri chilly powder – 3/4 tsp.
- Coriander powder – 1/3 tsp.
- Tomato – 2 numbers small; seeded and thinly sliced
- Water – 2 tbsps.
- Capsicum – 1 medium; thinly sliced
- Tomato ketchup – 1.5 tsps.
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp.Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a broad non-stick pan & add the cumin seeds. Allow them to splutter. Add the ginger and garlic paste and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in the sliced onions and cook till they turn translucent. You do not have to brown the onions. Add the turmeric, chilly, coriander and cumin powders and cook for a minute on low heat.
- Throw in the tomatoes and 2 tbsps. of water and cover cook on low heat for 5 minutes or till the tomatoes turn soft.
- Add the capsicum and cover cook for 3-4 minutes more. Stir in the tomato ketchup and the fried paneer cubes. Mix and cover cook on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Finally add the garam masala powder and mix.
- Serve hot with roti or puri.
Source:- Kabita’s kitchen