- Potato – 500 grams; cut into cubes
- Salt – 1.25 tsp. or to taste
- Oil – 1 tbsp. + to deep-fry
- Garlic – 5 big cloves; crushed
- Onion – 1 cup; finely chopped
- Red chilly flakes – 1 tbsp. or as per taste
- Cilantro/ curry leaves – a few
- Heat oil for deep-frying the potato cubes. Fry the potatoes in hot oil on medium heat for 10 minutes. Add salt after 5 minutes. Drain the fried potato cubes on paper towels.
- Heat 1 tbsp. of oil in a broad non-stick pan & add the crushed garlic. Cook till they loose their raw smell. Add the onions and cook till they turn golden brown in colour. Add the red chilly flakes and cook for a minute on low heat. Finally add the potato cubes and curry leaves/ cilantro and cook for 2 more minutes.