- Plain flour –1 cup
- Baking powder – 3/4 tsp.
- Baking soda – 1/2 tsp.
- Salt – a pinch
- Caster sugar – 3/4 cup
- Powdered cinnamon – 1 tsp.
- Desiccated coconut – 1/2 cup
- Almonds – 1/4 cup; toasted and then powdered in the mixer
- Eggs – 2 numbers; lightly beaten
- Sunflower oil – 1/2 cup
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp.
- Carrot – 1 cup; grated
- Apple – 1 medium; peeled and grated
- Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- Mix together the plain flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon powder, sugar, desiccated coconut and powdered nuts.
- in a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil and essence. Fold in the dry ingredients mixture. Stir just until combined. Finally fold in the grated carrot and apple.
- Pour the batter into the lined holes of your muffin pan.
- Bake at 180 C for 25 minutes .