For the crumb fried chicken:-
- Chicken – 250 grams; boneless, cut into 1″ cubes
- Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp.
- Paprika powder – 1/2 tsp.
- Mustard paste – 1/4 tsp.
- Garlic – 3 big cloves; pasted
- Ginger paste – 1/2 tsp.
- Tomato ketchup – 1.5 tsp.
- Salt – 3/4 tsp. + 1/8 tsp.
- Oil – 1 tsp. + for deep frying
- Egg – 1 number; beaten with a pinch of salt
- Bread crumbs – as needed
For the sauce:-
- Butter – 1 tbsp.
- Plain flour – 1 tbsp.
- Water – 1/2 cup
- Cooking cream – 1/2 cup
- Salt and pepper powder – to taste
- Mustard powder – 1/4 tsp.
- BBQ sauce – 1/2 tbsp.
- Hoisin sauce – 1/2 tbsp.
- Parsley – 1 tsp.
- Fresh basil – 1 tsp.
- Marinate the chicken pieces with salt, pepper powder, paprika powder, mustard paste, ginger garlic paste, tomato ketchup and oil for 2-3 hours. Dip each marinated chicken piece in beaten egg and roll in bread crumbs. Heat oil for deep-frying the chicken pieces. When the oil becomes hot, reduce heat to minimum and carefully slide in the chicken cubes. Cook for just 2 minutes on each side or till golden brown in colour. Maintain the heat of the oil at medium while frying. Drain the fried chicken cubes on to a paper towel.
- For the sauce, heat the butter. Add the flour and cook on low heat for a minute. Add water, cream, salt, pepper, mustard powder & cook till saucy. Stir in the BBQ and Hoisin sauces. Add the chicken cubes, parsley and basil leaves & mix.
- Serve hot with garlic bread/ mashed potatoes/ use this as a sandwich filling.
Source:- Masala Mornings by Shireen Anwar
- All purpose flour – 1.25 cup
- Wheat flour – 3/4 cup
- Baking powder – 1 tsp.
- Baking soda – 1 tsp.
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Mini chocolate chips (semi-sweet) – 1/2 cup
- Unsalted butter – 100 grams, melted
- Caster sugar – 1/2 cup
- Brown sugar – 1/2 cup; packed
- Really ripe bananas (pureed in the mixer) – 4 numbers (I had used Robusta bananas)
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp.
- Preheat the oven to 180⁰C.
- Grease and lightly flour a 2 lb. loaf tin.
- Sift together the plain flour, wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add the mini chocolate chips and mix. Keep it aside.
- In another bowl, mix together the melted butter, sugars, vanilla essence and pureed bananas.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients & mix with a spatula.
- Pour the batter into the preapared loaf tin.
- Bake at 180C for 45 minutes & at 160C for 10 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Source:- Divine taste with Anushruti
- Indian cucumber chopped – 2 cups
- Water – 3/4 cup
- Greenchilly – 1 number; slit
- Red chilly powder – ¼ tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp. + 1/2 tsp.; divided
- Very sour tomato – 1/4 cup; chopped
- Thick curd at room temperature– 2 cups (beaten in mixie)
- Sugar – ½ tsp / as needed
- Salt to taste
For the coconut paste:-
- Grated coconut – 1 cup
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp.
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp.
- Salt – a pinch
- Water – 2 to 4 tbsps.
- Coconut oil – 2 tbsps.
- Mustard seeds – ¾ tsp
- Fenugreek seeds/ uluva – 1/4 tsp.
- Dry red chilly – 2 split
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Cook the cucumber pieces with red chilly powder, 1/4 tsp. of turmeric powder,slit greenchilli and 1/4 tsp salt adding 3/4 cup of water. Let boil. Lower heat and cover cook for 10 minutes. Add the chopped tomato and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Grind the coconut, cumin seeds, salt and turmeric powder together to a very fine paste adding very little water.
- Add the coconut paste to the cooked veggies and cook on low heat for 2 minutes.
- Beat the curd in your mixer adding salt and turmeric powder.
- Add the well beaten curd to the cooked cucumber mixture and keep stirring on low heat till the gravy is heated through and starts to bubble (remove from heat when u see steam coming out of your ladle). Remove from heat immediately, otherwise it will curdle.
- Add sugar as needed to balance the flavors.
- Season with mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, dry red chillies and curry leaves.
Note:- You do not have to add tomato if the curd you use is sour. You can use green mango instead of tomato.