I am feeling very excited as I got nominated for an Award for the very first time in my life. I really want to thank Diya of Pen 2 Needle for nominating me for the Liebster Award. She has a great blog with lot of lovely photographs and has immense writing skills. Please pay a visit to her blog.
THE OFFICIAL RULES OF THE LIEBSTER AWARD
If you have been nominated for The Liebster award and choose to ACCEPT it, write a blog post about it in which you:-
1. thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
6. create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. list these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
ANSWERS TO DIYA’S QUESTIONS:-
Is there a story behind the name of your blog?
Yes, there is a small story behind the name of my blog. At first I got really confused in deciding the name for my blog. And the names that came to my mind such as Curryleaf, Salt and Pepper, Sugar and Spice were already existing! Then one day I decided to name this space “Uniquemedley“. I have always loved the word “Unique” since it means special . I knew that this is a weird name for a food blog but still I felt that this is the name that is most suitable for my blog. Just like the name I have tried to include a lot of unique recipes here.
Link us up to your favorite blog post till date. Is this the post that gets the most traffic on your site?
Chana Dal Pradhaman. This is one of my favourite sweet/dessert. No, this post doesn’t get much traffic.
Tell us about a time when a stranger’s kindness overwhelmed you.
It is very cold in Doha during the winters. Especially during the night the temperatures go down as low as 15 degrees C. On such a cold day we saw a sparrow lying still due to the cold weather on the foot path. We simply ignored the bird. But then I saw a young girl walking towards the sparrow. She took her scarf and wrapped the bird in it. What a kind girl was she.
Now what is the kindest thing you have ever done for someone?
I have helped a few friends with their studies and I feel that this is the kindest thing I have ever done.
What is your saddest moment?
My saddest moment was in 2013 when my father was diagnosed with a 3rd degree cancer. Doctors said that he had only a few more days to live and this was a great shock to all of us.
And now cheer up… what is your happiest moment?
When I passed the Qatar UPDA exam for Engineers I was really very happy because only 3 people out of 30 could clear the exam that day.
What was your most embarrassing moment? No skipping this question please. We could all use a good laugh.
I have had several embarrassing moments. But there is one event that had happened 12 years back. The thought of it could make me laugh even now.
I am not good at singing. The moment I start to sing people would just run away from me! One evening I was sitting in the living room of my house in India and had not locked the front door. I closed my eyes and I started singing a favourite classical song of mine when a neighbour interrupted. She started to laugh and made a lot of fun of me.
If you could have any animal as a pet, what would it be? Think polar bears, otters or stick insects. Get creative!
I would like to have a penguin as my pet. Isn’t it look really cute? I really like the way it walks.
What is your favorite quote? Go on, inspire us!
My favourite Quote is one by Lao Tsu. It goes like this, “Treat those who are good with goodness, and also treat those who are not good with goodness. Thus goodness is attained. Be honest to those who are honest, and be also honest to those who are not honest. Thus honesty is attained.”
Think of the person you love the most in this world. Now if you could change one thing about this person, what would it be?
My mother whom I call Ammachi is the person whom I love the most. My Amma is perfect in every aspect. The only problem is that she smiles very rarely. I wish she always have that beautiful smile would on her face.
What is your ultimate holiday destination and if you haven’t been there already, why not?
My favourite holiday destination is Goa. Yes, I had gone there last year with my family.
11 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME:-
- I am a Scorpio.
- From God’s own country.
- A shopping freak.
- Mother of two.
- A very short -tempered person.
- Love dogs.
- Love to experiment new dishes rather than make the same dish again and again.
- Works as an electrical design engineer.
- Enjoys singing and dancing.
- Wears glasses.
- A bit reserved.
- Freespiritfood by Shanthini– A great blog that includes restaurent reviews and a lot of recipes including Italian and Thai, Chinese and Vietnamese delights.
- THE MEDITTERANEAN MICROWAVE – This blog by Celia Hales features heart-healthy gourmet cooking in the Meditteranean style using a microwave oven.
- COOKS AND KID by Philip features savoury and sweet dishes.
- MY RANDOM BLOG has awesome book reviews, posts on music and great baking recipes.
- THE BAKING BLOG has a lot of baking recipes in addition to baking tips.
- SAQAGA by Hamza is a food blog with a lot of unique recipes.
- MASALA GIRL TRAVELS by Masala girl is packed with very healthy recipes and fitness tips.
QUESTIONS FOR MY NOMINEES:-
- What inspired you to start a blog?
- What would you consider as your greatest strength?
- If you won the lottery what would be your first reaction?
- What is your most essential kitchen appliance? Why?
- What would your dream job be?
- What’s your favourite fruit?
- Have you ever helped out an injured animal?
- Who was your favourite teacher at school and why?
- Do you like vanilla or chocolate cake?
- Which fictional character do you wish was real?
- Who is your role model?